- Fixtures. Results and future competitions are shown in multiple places;
- Tournament Information Centre (TIC), the TIC link is on the website’s Notice Board.
- Phone app in the Comps section.
- Website, login to access the Members Section for Past & Future Competitions.
- The 2021 Fixtures List document is available on the website and phone app.
- Login to the website and click the cog (Display User).
- On the app, select More then Club Documents.
- Enter Competition. Enter via app, website or Clubhouse iPad. Enter our Thursday and weekend no-courtesy medals on the day of competition, otherwise check Entries Open Date for Competition on the website’s Notice Board.
- Inviting another member. If you add another member to a competition, the onus is on that member to accept and check-in before playing.
- Select Your Tee Time (VMS virtual time). This step is important if you intend to use scoring on the phone app with your playing partners, your playing partners must be in the same time. N.B. this is not your BRS time.
- Check In. This is an extra step which must be done on the day of the competition prior to playing, this states your intent to play in the competition.
- Scoring. The options are Normal Scorecard or Score For All. Think of ‘Normal Scorecard’ is the swapping of digital cards, where you select who is marking your card. ‘Score For All’ is the equivalent of writing all scores on the paper scorecard.
- Mistakes. Any scoring mistakes or typos can be sorted using the iPad prior to signing.
- Signature. You must sign for your score or your card will not be accepted for the competition. If using the Score For All option then you will need to sign using the iPad. If using Normal to score, you can sign on your phone when all scores have been entered.
- Signature using iPad. This must be done if the card wasn’t signed on the app.
- Paper Scorecards. These are still allowed, however these must be completed correctly with competition name, date and two signatures. You must also enter scores and sign using the iPad (both marker and player signatures are required). Only then should you put your card in the box.
- Remember to press Confirm. That green Confirm button needs to be pressed. This action will send your score to WHS to be processed. Your score will show on your Handicap Record with a P for Pending. If it’s not listed then something has gone wrong
Video – ‘Enter a Competition on the App’
- Failure to return your card on the day of competition will result in disqualification from the competition, however your score will be submitted for handicapping.
- Once scores are submitted and signed, incorrect scores will not be amended.
- Should you sign for a gross score on a hole lower than that actually taken, you will be disqualified.
- Should you sign for a higher score on a hole than that taken, the higher score stands, but you will not be disqualified.
- If returning a paper scorecards, ensure it is completed correctly and clearly with: players name, competition name, date, Course Handicap and signed. At this time clearly print the name of the player who has verified your score. Remember to enter your score on the iPad in the club then put your card in the box. Cards will not be accepted if not completed correctly.
Yours in Gouff