It’s disappointing that we start the season with the club house closed and only 2-balls but Jim, the entire committee and I will do all we can to ensure a smooth start to our competitive season. Thanks to everyone who has helped us test the VMS, I can’t promise we won’t make mistakes but we’ll do our best to minimise them.
Our recent testing of VMS has highlighted a shortcoming of the new website: booking into a competition is possible but it’s currently not possible to book a tee time within the draw, as you can on the app. Scottish Golf are working to resolve this.
Captain v Vice Captain Match 13th March
The committee has decided to postpone this until the current restrictions are eased, we’ll try to reschedule it later in the year.
Club Medal 27th March
Entries open on the 9th March at 8pm. If you are intending to play it is important that you select the time you’d like to play at. To complete the draw I will need to move players around by 30 minutes either way to pair similar handicaps together, however that may not always be possible. Up until entries close you can move your tee time. As usual we will aim to publish the draw on the Tuesday evening prior to competition day and then update BRS. I’ll provide an update nearer the day regarding the returning of your score.
Unfortunately the Lindsay Shield matches planned for April have been postponed. We’re doing what we can to ensure they’re not cancelled and we’re hoping to arrange alternative dates.
Thistle Scramble 28th March
We hope restrictions will be lifted to allow 4 households to mix therefore allowing 4-balls.
Monifieth Team Match 3rd April
This is looking highly unlikely at the moment but should restrictions change we will provide an update when we know more.
I know this is not easy reading but in all cases we are hoping for the best and are planning in the event that things change.
Yours in Gouff
New website – https://leventhistlegc.co.uk